www.flickr.com

Friday 17 February 2012

0715/1722


Some early childhood memories from "the old fields":
Hedges of Hawthorn and Blackthorn, grasses taller than me, the family digging for Pignuts, my brother chasing and studying butterflies while I collected flowers to press or make into photograms in Dad's wardrobe-darkroom.

I was so happy then. I had far less to worry about than I do now - but all those things still make me feel happy.

Today I spotted the first few Blackthorn flowers of the year. Tonight I drink my last little bit of Sloe Gin :)







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs.
    I love this grey and static part of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I do like all seasons and all weathers, but I can't help getting excited about the arrival of spring.

    ReplyDelete