www.flickr.com

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Harvest

I think I should post more photos of the food I harvest from my allotment. I normally drop by on the way home from work and collect just enough for my tea. This evening I decided to try digging up a few of my maincrop "King Edward" potatoes - they are huge!



I also collected a small basket of random goodies. The tomatoes are coming thick and fast now - luckily I really love tomatoes! I'm building up a stockpile of courgettes too...



There are loads of wild Blackberries around the edges of the allotment site, and I wasn't the only one picking them!



2 comments:

  1. Hey! You're getting your Paddington bag all dirty! ;P

    It's all very impressive - my tomatoes are all bright green, and my cucumbers have shrivelled up and dropped off. *sigh*

    I'd love to see pictures of what you bring home each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, the bag's fine - I cleaned it by emptying the mud out all over my carpet : )

    Your tomatoes will be fine, plenty of time yet. My first few cucumbers shrivelled up too, through lack of pollination I think. I have a few starting to form now though. You might be able to pollinate them yourself if you can work out which are male and which are female flowers...

    ReplyDelete