www.flickr.com

Thursday 7 May 2009

Alcoholic beverages...




Today I started making Beech Leaf Noyau - a kind of fancy liqueur that I'd never heard of until I got into this wild food lark. I collected young Beech leaves from the cemetery at lunchtime (there are some beautiful trees in there), and I've left them to steep in Gin for the next three weeks. Following that the liquid will be strained off and mixed with sugary syrup and a bit of Brandy. I'm really looking forward to tasting the results!

Yesterday I finally got around to starting a red wine kit that I've had at the back of my cupboard for ages. I'm not a very experienced wine maker and I accidentally overfilled the demijohn - bit of a mess this morning! :)

2 comments:

  1. Top secret tip; add a blanched almond to the noyeau at this stage. Makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thank you! I'll see if I can find one...

    ReplyDelete