www.flickr.com

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Weeks 9, 10 and 11


Week 9: Yarrow

Yarrow tea - it's a bit odd. It doesn't have a particularly strong flavour. Some say it tastes of Rosemary but I'm not sure. Supposedly, it has psychotropic properties and makes you see in "pure colour". I do remember that the first time I tried it, some years ago, I suddely noticed that my friend's top was actually brown and not black as I had previously assumed. That's the best I managed though!


(This is an archive photo from a few years ago)


Week 10: Gorse

I made Gorse flower and small beetle tea! :)





I took a handful of fresh flowers and infused them in boiled water for about 10 minutes. The resulting brew smelled awful, but tasted rather nice! It didn't need sweetening at all (but I rarely sweeten tea anyway). It was similar to the Pine tea I made on week 2, but less sickly. Best one so far (apart from the beetles)!


Week 11: Garlic mustard

I'm going to be lazy with this one and point you to an old entry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment